Thursday, April 23, 2009

Emphatical Piratical

This morning I was humming tunes from the Emphatical Piratical album, specifically the title track, which is set to the tune of Offenbach's "Galop Infernal."
.
This song may rattle around in my head in heavy rotation for quite some time. It's quite catchy.
.
TODAY'S SONG:
"Emphatical Piratical"
Captain Bogg & Salty
2008
.
INSIGHT:
No mystery why this song is stuck in my head. My nearly-two-year-old son Max and I have been listening to this CD during our daily commute. My husband Matt has also been humming various Captain Bogg & Salty ditties lately.
.
How could you possibly avoid singing these lyrics over and over and over and over and . . . ?
.


I used to fancy myself as a bit of a hipster on the musical scene. Now in my 30's, this is the kind of stuff to which you will find me jamming out.




0 comments: